Last week I shared a quick and easy Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup. Well today I have an easy, Chicken Kale Soup recipe for you. It was our first time trying kale and the entire family loved this yummy gluten free, dairy free, grain free soup. The flavors are absolutely amazing!
Chicken Kale Soup
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-2 large carrots, chopped
-1 medium onion, chopped
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small bite sized pieces (I used leftovers from the whole chicken we had for dinner the night before)
-1 teaspoon of ginger
-1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
-1 teaspoon soy sauce
-4 cups of homemade chicken bone broth (also made from the whole chicken we had for dinner the night before)
-1 bunch of kale, remove the ribs and chop the leaves
-Salt and pepper to taste (I used Adobo in place of salt)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until simmering. Add the onion and carrots and cook until they are soft. About 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes. Add ginger, cumin, chili powder and soy sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken bone broth. Turn heat to high and bring soup to a boil. After it begins to boil, reduce heat to low.
4. Simmer soup on low for about 15 minutes.
5. Add chopped kale and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until kale is tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve it up!
Hello and welcome to my new link up Make It Monday! If you or your children made something awesome recently link it up. It can be a Lego creation, a beautiful masterpiece, a creative craft or a delicious recipe...you get the point! If it is something you made and created with your own two hands you can link it up
If you have a creation to share
please link up at the bottom of this post!
Feel free to copy this button to share
somewhere on your blog.