*This post contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Page for details.
I love soup in the Winter. The other day I was trying to come up with a way to use the left over chicken and homemade chicken broth in the fridge and came up with this tasty, gluten free, dairy free, grain free soup. It was quick and easy and the perfect dinner for a chilly Winter evening.
Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 onion chopped
-1 piece of celery sliced
-1 carrot sliced
-2 teaspoons of thyme
-2 large garlic cloves minced
-2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
-2 - 2 1/2 quarts of homemade chicken bone broth
-2 tablespoons of parsley
-3 tablespoons of garlic powder
-3-4 eggs, lightly beaten
-Salt and pepper to taste (I used Adobo in place of salt)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until simmering. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook until they are soft. About 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the thyme, garlic cloves, chicken and broth. Simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender. About 15-20 minutes.
3. Next stir in the parsley and garlic powder.
4. Stir soup so that it is moving in a circle. Pour the beaten eggs into the soup very slowly. This is what makes the "noodles."
5. Remove the soup from the heat and let is stand for 2 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve it up!
This would also be a great soup to freeze!