|photo credit valueinvestingworld.com|
It has been amazing!!! My muscle pain has improved a little and my reflux is pretty much gone. I am not completely healed though and fatigue and pain does still affect me. So I am also giving up dairy and soy as well. My husband who has Type 1 diabetes has notice significant changes with his blood sugar levels. They are staying consistently lower (he even had to back off his basal and bolus on his pump). His GI issues are on the road to repair. And the kids are less whiny and distracted.
I NEVER thought a diet change could our lives but it has! Thank you Almost Supermom for the encouragement!
Here are 10 Must Have Items In Your Primal Pantry:
1) Coconut Flour and Cocanut Oil
3) Fruit - I buy fresh, canned (no syrup), dried and frozen.
4) Eggs lots and lots of eggs. We are going through about 3 dozen every 2 weeks.
5) Veggies - Again I buy fresh, canned and frozen.
6) Dairy products including milk, a variety of cheeses (sliced/blocked/shredded), cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and yougurt (my family eats these but I no longer do)
7) Maple Syrup (the real stuff) and Organic Honey - great to use as a sweetner
8) Meat - Choose a nice variety to mix things up. I normally get ground beef, sausage, bacon, chicken, steak and pork chops.
9) Sunflower, Almond Butter or Natural Peanut Butter (great on celery with raisens)
10) Seeds and Nuts
And there you have it that is pretty much my Primal grocery list.
I should also mention that it has been over 9 weeks since I have had a coke!!!! Instead I drink tea to get my dose of caffeine!
Because of the impact this diet has had on our lives I will be blogging more about the Primal Diet. Be sure to visit my Recipes Pinterest Board for Primal recipe ideas. I also have a few posted here on my 365 Days of Pinterest Posts.
Be sure to browse through all of our other Top 10 Posts!
Do you follow any particular diet?
Linking up with: Top Ten Tuesday